Wednesday, March 16, 2011

oh, new york

I love you, even when you are freezing...


We went to New York in January for market and didn't actually take that many pictures.  We were too busy shopping, eating, staying warm and eating again.  However, with all the exciting new things arriving at the store each day that we bought on this trip, it made me think back to New York in the snow and all the fun we had.  I realized that I love this city hot, cold, rain, sun or snow.  I don't think it is possible to ever be disappointed by New York.  I will certainly never tire of it...


As usual, we spent a lot of our time eating.  This time, however, we had the excuse that we had to get in out of the cold, even if that meant having second breakfast...


This was one of our new favorite finds.  The once well-known Vesuvio Bakery (which had been there since the 1920's), sadly closed much to the neighborhood's disappointment.  However, the new owners, Birdbath bakery, maintained the store front of the original Vesuvio Bakery.  It is so very charming and all the treats at Birdbath were to die for...


I got in trouble for taking this picture in the coffee store...  but can you blame me?  All those burlap sacks!
And speaking of coffee, one late night Krista and I walked by an amazing bakery and just had to stop in.  We were too full to actually order dessert, so we decided to each get an irish coffee and sit and enjoy being warm in such a darling setting.  They were topped with a big mound of whipped cream and I dug right in enjoying it all.  About halfway through I started to feel a little jittery.  I looked up at Krista and realized I hadn't ordered mine decaf.  Me and caffeine late at night don't mix.  I suddenly was bursting with energy and needed to get some out of my system, or I knew I would never sleep that night.  We walked out of the bakery and I may or may not have grabbed a shovel and started clearing off the sidewalk...  people may or may not have looked a little scared at the site of me and quickly passed by...  



And, as expected, the shopping and displays never let you down...


Until next time, New York!  I hope to see you soon!


Stop by the store to see all the fun things we picked out on this trip!  New treasures seem to be arriving every day!

1 comment:

Vintage Market Place said...

ooo I am in love with the stained lampshades! thanks for sharing such amazing pictures. looks like fun was had.
Amy

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Our Location